Forget cat cafes. Or black cat cafes. Or penguin bars. Japan’s latest novelty cafe is the “fukurou cafe” (フクロウカフェ), or the “owl cafe.”
Owl cafes like Fukurou no Mise (“Owl Shop”) and Tori no Iru Cafe (“The Cafe with Birds”) started getting noticed online in Japan late last year.
This summer saw more owl cafes open, and currently there are owl cafes like Fukurou Sabou (“Owl Teahouse”) in Tokyo, Owl Family in Osaka, and Crew, another owl cafe in Osaka, among others.
omg must go live here o.o
ALSO WHY DOES NOBODY TALK ABOUT EARLY CONCEPT NORMAN
what the fuck is shinji fucking ikari doing in paranorman get outta there kid
This video reel makes me wonder how often really spectacular practical effects have been misidentified as “shitty cg” by people who like to cry about anything that doesn’t look like Harryhausen Dynamation.
Because I’m very sure I’ve heard those sort of comments directed towards a lot of the creatures showcased here when they appeared in their respective films.
my mind is being blown apart
“Those of us with water in our personalities don’t pick where we’ll flow to. All we can do is flow where the landscape of our lives carries us.”
And that’s Art Attack!!!
I don’t know about you guys, but I thought this episode was kinda funny…
WHERE are they getting this stuff !!
I got a text from a number i didn’t recognise today and i sent them the ENTIRETY of the lotr: fellowship of the ring script
that isn’t even 1/20th of it IM LAUGHIN SO HARD
This is related to my last post! This is the shapes that brands typically release that I was talking about. Some of these are maybe sort of borderline (most of which would depend on the length of the skirt, which is very hard to tell in stock photos sometimes), and to repeat how these shapes are defined:
- The usual- The traditional Lolita shape! Flares out at the natural waist (or just above or below it) to a full shape.
- empire waist- The waist is considerably higher than the natural waist, usually between the underbust or the middle of the torso. Skirt still maintains a full shape
- Short- Full skirt that ends about mid-thigh
- Long- Full skirt that ends about mid-calf (also called tea or maiden length)
- Trapezoid- Flares out to full shape from just above bust or about halfway down bust. “Tent” shape.
- Trapezoid relaxed- Flares out from above bust to underbust, “flowing” or not-as-full skirt. “Tube” shape, no room for a petticoat.
- Drop waist- Skirt flares out at about the hips, as opposed to the waist. May or may not have room for a petticoat.
- Drop waist mini- Skirt flares out at the hips, as opposed to the waist, and is very short, usually mid-thigh or even shorter. No room for a petticoat.
- Flared- A smooth, non-gathered, flare from the natural waist, considerably less full than “the usual”. May or may not have room for a petticoat.
- Flared mini- A smooth, non-gathered, flare from the natural waist that ends about mid-thigh. No room for a petticoat.
- Extra long- Ankle to floor length of varying fullness. May or may not require a petticoat.
- Pencil- Tight skirt of various lengths between mid thigh and knee. Absolutely no petticoat.
Just like in the last post, I’m curious what people think of these skirt shapes in regards to whether or not they are Lolita. With the examples, are there any that you would say are simply not Lolita, even though they’re released by Lolita brands and have typical Lolita elements? All of these are examples from a range of years, some as far back as 2001, but each example has at least one dress from 2009 or after (except the extra long, even though Meta and JeJ often release things in this length! I just had a hard time finding stock photos for either brand), as none of these are “extinct” silhouettes.
I’m not trying to argue that these are all perfectly within the Lolita style or anything like that! I am just asking because I am curious what other people’s opinions on different silhouettes within Lolita are! So what do you think?
End of Evangelion
Anywhere can be paradise, as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.
when i was a child i used to think teens were grown ups and when i was a teen i thought college students were grown ups and now that im a college student im just like what the hell is a grown up anymore
Now that I’m older than college age I’ve concluded that grown ups are a myth.
It’s a color palette.
Pallas’s cat is a small wild cat having a broad but patchy distribution in the grasslands and montane steppe of Central Asia. The species is negatively affected by habitat degradation, prey base decline, and hunting, and has therefore been classified as ‘Near Threatened’ by IUCN since 2002.
Ugh so fluffy